In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Towanda District Library is temporarily closed. We will continue to monitor decisions and information shared by the McLean County Health Department, State of Illinois, and American Library Association to communicate future hours of operation.
- Please keep all items currently borrowed from the library at your residence. We kindly ask that you refrain from returning items to the library’s drop boxes.
- The due dates for all items currently loaned to patrons have automatically been extended. It is not necessary to call the library to request a renewal.
- Overdue fines will not be applied during the closure.
- RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) has suspended interlibrary loans. This means patrons are currently unable to place “holds” on items from libraries. Items are neither being delivered to the library, nor sent out from the library.
- Mr. Jason Shirley, T.D.L. Director, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and/or concerns. Messages left on the library’s answering machine at (309) 728-2176 will be checked daily.
Please continue to check our website or Facebook page for additional announcements and resources. We will continue to provide updates as new information is released. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We value our community, and we are committed to supporting one another!