Summer 2021 Updates:
- Registration for participants of all ages can be completed by visiting the library or over the phone (309) 728-2176.
- 30-minute slots for library visits and Summer Reading Log check-ins will be available. Families are encouraged to plan/prioritize their first, second, and third choices. Please visit http://bit.ly/TDLNewsJune2021 to view the scheduling chart (page 2).
- The day/time selected upon registration will remain the same every week between June 21 – August 6. Reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority registration will be given to Towanda’s patrons and Towanda Elementary School students.
- The number of families per time slot will be determined in response to the State’s guidelines and the square footage of the library. By scheduling appointments, T.D.L. hopes to minimize “wait times” to enter the library.
Programs: General Descriptions
Please view our online calendar for additional details related to each event/program.
- Bulldog Builders’ LEGO Club
LEGO Club is an opportunity for students to learn from an experienced, talented professional who uses engaging stories as inspiration for connected building activities. This club is offered free of charge to registered 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students.
- Read to DogsTowanda District Library is pleased to offer opportunities for children to read to certified canine friends! Each child is paired with a trained dog for an individualized, 15-minute appointment. Parents/Guardians are invited to call Towanda District Library at (309) 728-2176 to make “reading reservations” for designated Tuesday evenings. Children must be registered in advance to participate.
- Story Time Series
Towanda District Library is pleased to offer series of Story Time meetings in 3-5 week increments. Toddlers and caregivers are invited to attend Wednesday mornings at 10:30 am, on specific dates arranged in advance, to enjoy engaging stories and activities. Advance registration is not required, and families from Towanda and surrounding communities are welcome.
- Crochet/Knitting Group
Towanda District Library is pleased to provide an inviting and welcoming meeting place for crafters of all skill levels! No prerequisite skills or registration is required to attend our crochet/knitting group. This group typically meets Tuesday afternoons at 3:00 pm.
- Towanda Reads
Towanda Reads is an adult discussion group open to the public. New and returning participants are always welcome, and the group typically meets the second Tuesday of the month at 5:00 pm. Facebook Group participation is also available; please click here to request Facebook approval/group page membership.